For a comprehensive list of support agencies - click here
Annandale State School is supportive of students with a range of health issues. The school follows the Department of Education infection control guidelines.
- Infection Control guidelines
- supporting student health and wellbeing https://education.qld.gov.au/students/student-health-safety-wellbeing/student-health
- Headspace - information on : health and well being, substance use and addictive behaviours, depression, eating disorders, stress, and psychosis www.headspace.org.au
Social media websites and apps are constantly evolving; to enhance your understanding of how to use them safely, visit the Office of the eSafety Commissioner website .
- Kids Helpline - 24hr phone and real-time web based crisis support for youth (5-25) http://www.kidshelp.com.au Ph : 1800 55 1800
It is the intention of all families to provide a loving and supportive environment for children. There are times when despite the best intentions child may develop a level of anxiety which requires additional support.
Children may show signs of above normal fear and worry, and there may be changes in a child's behaviour, sleep, eating, or mood.
If there are any concerns for a child of this nature it is highly recommended that medical advise is sought as early as possible.
Anxiety around COVID-19 - Headspace link -
- COVID-19 - Range of health information
- a month of mindfulness and calm down strategies for children
- Parent Works - Online program for Australian parents and caregivers providing evidence -based parenting strategies http://parentworks.org.au/#/
COMPLEX FAMILY MATTERS
It is the intention of the staff at Annandale State School to support all our families.
It is the responsibility of the staff at Annandale to comply with the legal rights of all members of a family.
Families are encouraged to speak with the Principal or Deputy Principals if they have complex matters which may impact on the learning of an enrolled student(s).
- Beyond Blue - 24hr
telephone, online and email counselling for people going through
tough time. http://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support
Ph.: 1300 22 4636
- Lifeline - 24hr
phone and real time online crisis support. Ph: 13 11 14
- Domestic and Family Violence - Information, services and support for people impacted by domestic and family violence
DVConnect Womensline 1800 811 811
DVConnect Mensline 1800 600 636
1800RESPECT 1800 737 732
- Family and Child Connect - a local, community-based service that helps families to care for and protect their children at home, by connecting them to the right services at the right time. Ph. 13 32 64
Child development is a complex area. Child behaviour at time can be very confusing and challenging. Where there are concerns that the behaviour of a child is sexualised parents and cares ae advised to seek medical advice.
The following information sheet from Family Planning may assist in reflecting on the appropriateness of a child's behaviour.
- Information sheet - Sexualised behaviours in children & young people
- Bravehearts - child protection organisation working holistically to prevent child sexual assault and exploitation. Ph. 1800 272 831